Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Nursery





I know this post is long over due. With him coming early (and one of our pieces of furniture being on back order for an ETERNITY) I didn't really get a chance to take any pictures of his nursery before him came home. In addition, it wasn't really done until right before he came home. So I finally went in there and took a few shots. I still need to hang some picture frames on the wall, but it is pretty much complete. It is the smallest room in our house, but I think we did a pretty good job utilizing the space. We wanted something that was a little more sophisticated and not super baby. As Stephen said, if we ever went to sell the house he didn't want to have to repaint the room. My girlfriend Tracy helped me paint the adorable pictures that hang above the crib. You can't really tell but the match some of the animals that are on his bedding. I liked the bedding because it was a little more retro and not quite so cutesy. The wreath that is hanging on the wall hung on the door to our hospital room. I was going to make a wreath for the door the weekend he was born, so when he came early we didn't have anything to hang on our door. My mom and dad went out the day he was born to a local florist who makes these wreaths and brought it back for us so we would have something for the door. It was very sweet and made it feel like we had a baby even though we didn't get to have him in our room. We think that all in all the room turned out really cute. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment