Friday, June 19, 2009

Quick Update

I promised Megan I would update after my doctor's appointment yesterday and then I was waiting to post the pictures from the 4D ultrasound first...and then neither happened. i will post the 4D ultrasound pictures this weekend and my posts will just be a little out of order.

I went to see the doctor yesterday morning and got a very good report. I had a really hard night Wednesday night. I had to take Brethine at 10:45 at night (I don't recommend that) and then had trouble sleeping. When I finally did sleep it wasn't for very long and I was up at 3:30. I was having a lot of anxiety, which I tend to have the night before my appointments, and could not sleep a wink. Needless to say, it was not good for my nerves and I was sitting in the exam room crying by myself when the doctor came in. I am sure he thought I was crazy.

The good news is that he noticed no changes since the last exam and he told me, based on his experience and my case, that he thought we would be delivering a full term baby. HALLELUJAH! That has helped calm me down a lot. I got my second steroid shot for lung and brain development and will not need another one of those. Thank GOD because they hurt really bad! I go back in Monday for a repeat full ultrasound, fluid level check, cervical length ultrasound, and Fetal Fibronectin test. If all those results are positive, then I truly believe we are in the clear. I will be almost 31 weeks at the time of the appointment. He is still allowing me to work up to 6 hours a day...he said psychologically it would be good for me...I wonder what gives him that impression :) So all in all, good news. I had a great day yesterday and felt like a normal pregnant person for the first time in 2 weeks. I am going to take it easy this weekend and hopefully this trend will continue!

Love!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got a good report! Love to you and Perron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia! I just got caught up!!!! I can't believe all that has been going on. You poor thing. This has not been very relaxing, has it? I am going to be praying for you, Perron, and Stephen. I am going to see you on Sunday too! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete