Sunday, July 11, 2010

Red, White and Beach


We got to spend the 4th of July weekend down at Orange Beach with all of Stephen's family and we had SO MUCH FUN!  We stayed at The Caribe and it was fabulous.  I would highly recommend it to anyone.  The condos are huge and there are five pools, three huge water slides, and a lazy river.  This was Perron's first trip to the beach and he loved it.  He went swimming twice every day and was a total water bug.
We never even went to the beach, in fact this is the closest to the ocean and the sand we ever got.  All of the public access points to the beach were closed and there were boats out skimming the water all day, everyday.  That being said, I never saw a drop of oil in the water on the bay side and the air did not smell at all.  I am sure if I had gone to a resort that did not have as nice of a pool I would have been a little disappointed.  Luckily, our family is much more of a pool family than a beach family, so it worked out perfect for us.
This is Perron's new favorite face to make.  He scrunches his nose up and blows air in and out like he is a bull.  So cute!
Standing up like a big boy.
Two of my favorite sister-in-laws.
Four out of the five Crigler boys relaxing on the balcony.
Perron's first trip on the lazy river.  He loved bobbing along and we made it through at least two full trips around before he tired of it. 
He loved his little float and he used it like it was a walker in the shallow water.  Two of the pools had zero entry so he was able to sit, crawl, and walk around in his float in the pool.
Perron and Katelin are best buds.  They had so much fun together and all of the cousins were so sweet to Perron and he ate up all the attention.
Perron and mommy hanging out in front of two of the big slides.  He wasn't quite ready to take those on this year.  I am sure it will not be long though.
Playing with Mama Crig before heading to the pool.
Hanging out with mommy, daddy and cousin Andrew
All the Crigler women.

We can not wait to do it again next year.  I told Stephen it was one of my favorite beach trips of all time!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures and I agree that it was a great time!! I am so glad that we all were able to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you mentioned where you stayed because I was going to ask you after I saw your pictures on Facebook. We are trying to find somewhere for us to go that would be good for Blair, and this sounds perfect -- plus her little cousin she's played with a couple of times lives there!
    I cannot get over how much Perron has grown! I love the picture of him looking up over the chair -- precious! So glad y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete