Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Baptism and Father's Day= One Busy Weekend

So this weekend was a very big weekend.  Stephen celebrated his first father's day and Perron was baptized.  Before  we get into the weekend, a small note for Stephen.  His first Father's Day was  a bit overshadowed by Perron's big day and I feel bad.  I want the world to know what an amazing father he is to our son.  My heart melts every time I see them interact.  In the course of one short year, Stephen has gone from never changing a dirty diaper and barely wanting to hold a baby to being one of the most hands on dad's I know.  He can do everything that a mommy can do and does it willingly.  Whether that is building a "tower of doom" with blocks or giving a bath after a particularly dirty diaper.  I am glad that he chose me to share his life with and that he is providing such a good example to our son about what a man, father and husband should be.  He is the best daddy ever and Perron is a very lucky boy!

Okay, now that that has been said...on to the festivities.  We were blessed to have lots of Stephen's family in town for the weekend.  Stephen's parents as well as one of his older brother's came in town with their family to help celebrate the weekend.  We hadn't seen them since Christmas so it was great to have Phillip, Sarah, and the boys there.  David was flying solo for the weekend because Angela was out of town and working, but luckily precious Katelin was with him, so we got to spend quality time with her too!  The weekend started with a Crigler family favorite...Mexican food!
The cousins
Philip, David and Stephen...three of the four Crigler boys
Perron already is performing a Crigler duty...loving Mexican food.

After a big night of Mexican food, Perron was ready for his big day.  He did so great and was so happy the entire time.  He looked absolutely beautiful in his gown.  He learned how to wave over the weekend, so he spent the majority of his time at the altar waving at the congregation and trying to talk over Rev. Wolfe.  It was very special for us to be there on that altar where we got married almost five years ago with the same minister who married us performing the cermony.  I remember praying at that altar the day before our first ultrasound that everything would be alright and I would have a healthy baby.  My prayers were answered and then some!!
The handsome boy on his big day.
Pictures with his proud parents
Mama Crig and Grandaddy came up for the big day
Grammy and Grandpa were the only Spalding representatives to make it, but lucikily they love him enough to represent for the whole family.
The cousins
A very happy baby with him namesake ML Blalock Moody
What you lookin' at?
Hmmm....I wonder what we are having for lunch?
HR

We had everyone over for lunch after the service and had a great time celebrating the two most important men in my life!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are great and you made me cry in the 1st paragraph. I am so proud of both of you. You are wonderful parents, son and daughter in law. It was a wonderful weekend and I am a proud grandma still smiling all over from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked like such a special day! Love the pictures. Perron is really growing up! I know that Stephen is an awesome father! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mom its Perron. I am at school right now. I am in Mrs Stewart's class. I just read the blog. It was very special. I love that you did this.

    Love,
    Perron 2019

    ReplyDelete