Monday, October 12, 2009

First Day Back

Well, today was my first day back in the office in 12 weeks. I must say it was really good to be back. I was excited to get back into the swing of things. I joked with Stephen when I got home that I wasn't nearly as tired as I usually am because I could sit down uninterrupted for hours at a time. I could even go to the bathroom by myself whenever I felt like it. What a luxury :) I of course missed Perron like crazy and thought/worried about him all the time, but I knew he was in good hands. We are so blessed to have my mom be able to take care of him for us while I am at work. It was so much easier leaving him this morning knowing that he was with her. To make the transition easier she is keeping him at our house this week so he doesn't have too many big changes at once. I can come home at lunch to nurse him, so really I only have to go four hours at a time without seeing him. It was also so much easier going back knowing that I was only going to be back 30 hours a week. I will work in the office full days on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I will work from home on Tuesday's and I will be off on Friday's. It will be nice to have three day weekends to spend with him. I am truly blessed that my office/boss has been so generous and flexible with me. Not only since Perron was born, but also during the difficult pregnancy. I know the majority of bosses would not be as understanding as Tinsley was. Stephen and I both don't know how we could ever thank him enough.

I have already been loaded up with projects and I have tons of things that I have to start reading tomorrow, but it was good to know I was missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment