Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Growing Up

I guess parenthood is a series of milestones that eventually bring your child closer and closer to independence.  I guess I just didn't realize that it would start this early.  Perron had his first day of daycare yesterday.  I remember in July standing over a NICU bed looking at my three pound baby and thinking that the prospects of April getting here and daycare starting seemed a world away.  Well guess what, April is here and daycare has started.  We have been so blessed to have my mom take such good care of him for the past five months.  She has given Stephen, Perron and I a gift that I will never be able to repay.  But, like most good things it was time for he stay at Grandma's to come to an end.

We got up yesterday morning and I put him in his big boy clothes and away we went.  Stephen and I took him together to help him get adjusted to his new environment.  We brought him in to his room and got him playing with toys.  He was very interested in all the other babies and all of the other babies toys.  I stayed with him while he got acquainted with his teachers.  He DOES NOT like when you just let a stranger hold him right off the bat, so he had to ease him into the situation.  He warmed up to his teacher really quickly and I was able to sneak out without him realizing that I was gone.  Our daycare has cameras in each room so you can watch your child through out the day...so you can imagine how much time I spent on there Monday morning.

He did really good and I was able to pick him up at 11:30 and take him to my  mom's house.  He is only going to go half days for at least this week.  We will ease him into full days gradually.

No comments:

Post a Comment