Monday, November 30, 2009

We Live Amongst Proof

I am acutely aware of the fact that we live among proof that God is with us in our times of need and that he listens to our prayers. We have a little bundle of proof that lives under our roof. I had been so discouraged at the beginning of last week by Perron's vision situation, that I had almost resigned myself to the fact that we would be looking at worst case scenario. I hate to admit, but I am a "prepare for the worst, be happy if the worst doesn't happen" kind of person. I wish I wasn't, it is one of my true personality flaws, but I can't help it. Well lo and behold, Perron decided to use Thanksgiving as his day to prove that God truly is with our family. I started to notice on Thanksgiving some improvements in his vision abilities. He was not just looking at us, but initiating eye contact and holding gazes for sustained periods of time. These are things he never used to do. He also was tracking his toys. Prior to Thanksgiving he only wanted to track large moving objects that were at a distance. I was so excited, but I wanted to exercise a little bit of caution since I knew that transient vision was a hallmark of CVI. Well guess what, he has continued to do all of these things and more since Thanksgiving. Something to truly be thankful for. Stephen and I both are very encouraged that our prayers might be answered and this could just be a developmental delay. We have a consult with a vision therapist through Hand in Hand, our early intervention service provider, on December 14th. I am secretly hoping that she will say he is doing so well that we can cancel all of the tests with the neuro-ophthalmologist. Wouldn't that be awesome!

Thank you so much to everyone who has prayed for us. Please continue because it is working and we truly are seeing results. I am going to try to post again some adorable pictures from the past few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear this news. Good luck with your appointment in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete