Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day and A Name

We celebrated our first Mother's Day and it was very special...if not somewhat surreal. I wasn't really expecting anything, well maybe a card...but I swear that was it. Stephen out did himself and surprised me not only with a card but with a prenatal massage at a local spa as well. I can't wait to use it! Baby Boy Crigler makes my hips hurt when I sleep. For Mother's Day, Baby Crigler performed an almost day long tap dance (which I love) to show his appreciation for me carrying him. He has been VERY active this past week and Stephen has gotten to experience the full force of his kicks on several occasions.

Speaking of Baby Boy Crigler, we have an official name to share. Drum roll please....His name will be Perron Blalock Crigler. A mouthful, I know, but a name that is full of special meaning to Stephen and I. Perron is a family name on Stephen's mom's side and is also Stephen's middle name. Stephen wanted a Junior and I put the kabosh on that right away, so this is the closest he could get. I have always loved Stephen's middle name and am excited that we get to use it. Blalock is particularly special to us because it is the maiden name of Stephen's "aunt" ML. ML is actually Stephen's mom's second cousin or something like that, but saying Aunt is a lot easier to explain. ML has played a special part in Stephen and my life, she also gave us our first "child" McKenzie, and we wanted to do something to pay tribute to her. She never had children, and was an only child herself, so we are going to use Blalock to make sure that her maiden name lives on as a legacy in our child. We got to tell her in person on Wednesday night and she was very excited. There may have been some tears shed by all parties.

It is nice to finally have a name to call him, although it still feels a little weird and he is still frequently referred to as Baby Crigler. I can't believe that I am also almost at 25 weeks. I think of all of the stuff we have to do in the next 15 weeks and it kind of freaks me out. I know it will all get done in time, but it is going to keep us busy!

2 comments: