Tuesday, September 25, 2012

6 months!

Dearest Grayson,

I figured that I better get on your six month post since I just got an email from Baby Center on my 6 month and 3 week old.  You poor second children!  Better late than never.  So what have you been up to this month.

For starters we took you to your six month well baby check up and you weighed 17 lbs 11 ozs and were 26 and 3/4 inches  tall.  As a disclaimer, you had just eaten an 8 oz bottle, so your weight might have been a little inflated.  Regardless, those stats put you squarely in the 50th percentile for weight and height.  It is so hard for me to imagine that you are able to be as big as your big brother was at a year.  Definitely two very different babies...in more than just body type alone.  You are wearing size three diapers.  You wear size 6-12 month clothes and 9 month onesies and sleepers.

You continue to be the sweetest, happiest baby that ever lived.  You love to play with toys more than anything.  They are a huge source of motivation for you.  If I put a toy a little beyond your reach you will try and skooch as hard as you can to get to it.  You push your bottom up in the air and scoot on your shoulder and head trying to move for it.  You are a very proficient roller and I will find you on the opposite side of the room if you I put you down in the playroom and walk away.  You are staring to be able to sit-up for brief periods of time unassisted.  I can not believe how quickly you are growing up!

You are still doing great with eating.  I am lazy (seems to be a common theme) and you are still only eating one meal of solids a day, but Cammie and I keep saying we are going to add a second mid-day meal in there for you.  Maybe this week.  You have eaten apples, pears, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes and peas.  While you are not as enthusiastic of an eater as your brother was, you still do very well and haven't refused anything yet.  You sit up in your high chair and make a big, huge mess!

Your night time sleeping continues to be pretty good.  You are usually asleep by 7:30 and then you wake up somewhere in the 5 or 6 o'clock hour to eat and then go back down for another 30-45 minutes or so.  Your napping has regressed a little and you seem to be suffering from short nap syndrome where you want to wake up after 45 or 50 minutes.  I am working with a sleep lady who I used with your brother to try and see if we can work out a solution.

You got your first cold since your hospitalization and unfortunately it didn't treat your lungs very well.  It has been almost a month since you got what was in reality a very mild cold and you are still coughing and wheezing.  It makes me very nervous for how we are going to handle the fall and winter cold and flu season.  I spoke with Dr. M and she said that if you got RSV or any RSV-acting virus that there would most likely be no way that we could avoid hospitalization based on the way you handled this cold.  Needless to say, I wasn't thrilled to hear that news, but we will continue to pray for the best and be prepared for the worst.

You love to squeal and shriek.  We call you our little baby pterodactyl.  You have just started imitating us and it is so funny.  Your big brother loves for us to cheer and yell "whoo" when he is playing sports in the back yard.  This weekend, as soon as I would yell whoo you would immediately mimic me and yell back.  It was precious!  You are such a smart boy.  You love your big brother so much and nothing make you happier than to watch him run around like a crazy person.  It is a sure fire way to calm you down if you are fussy or over-tired.

You are starting to get a little bit of stranger anxiety if people try picking you up or holding you before you are comfortable with them.  However, you are still so sweet and will give your smiles and giggles to anyone who looks your way.  Everyone always comments on how you have the sweetest little smile.

You are acting like you might be getting some teeth in, but you never will let me get a close enough look.  I think I might be able to see two bottom teeth underneath the gums, but nothing is close to breaking through the surface yet.

You continue to be such a blessing to our family and such an absolute joy and delight in our lives.  I can not tell you how much your daddy and I have enjoyed you.  You have been so easy and sweet and an absolute delight to be around.  We love you and can't imagine our lives before you were in it.

Love you to the moon and back,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment