Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's Going On

So, long time no talk.  I can't believe I have turned in to such a slacker about this blog.  It has really gotten to the point that something has to give and the blog has been the thing to go.  However, this has caused me a tremendous amount of guilt, so I am going to try to get back on the bandwagon.  I love reading other people's blogs and I love having all the memories that I am able to capture in my own...so it is time to get more diligent about it.

So, what have we been up to all these many months.  Basically everything and nothing all at the same time.  I guess that is how life is.  Work has been going well for Stephen and I.  He is gearing up for busy season, but things shouldn't get too bad.  I continue to get to enjoy my Friday's off with Perron and try to make the most of them.  I am truly blessed to work for such a flexible company.

I have really gotten into sewing as a new hobby.  I have always been fascinated with the concept of sewing, but never really tried doing anything about it.  The thought of making things that you can actually use in your house or wear is really appealing to me.  I took my first lesson before Christmas and I am back at my second class right now.  If all goes well, I will be able to make Perron's Easter outfit this year.  so far so good.  I will be really proud if it turns out alright.  I am absolutely OBSESSED with fabrics and have really been buying entirely too much of it right now.  As Stephen would say, my raw inventory is way up and my finished inventory is...basically non-existent.  Hopefully that will all change soon.  I have three very good girlfriends that are all pregnant with their second child right now, so I will have plenty of people to be making for.  In fact, one of our friends just found out she is having a little girl, so I will be in a frenzy of onesie dress making soon.  I am really happy and hope I can stick with it.  I have a terrible habit of getting really interested in something and thing dropping it like a hot potato.

Stephen and I are in the middle of a dilemma over what to do about our house.  We LOVE our neighborhood and the area of town we live in, so we were hopeful that we could add on.  We had plans drawn up for a lovely addition and were one step away from breaking ground before the ca bosh  got put on our plans.  The appraisal that we had done came in well below what we needed it to be to feel comfortable moving forward, so we had to put our plans on hold.  Right now we are waiting until spring.  At that time we are going to meet with a real estate agent and have them show us properties that are in our price range and have all the things we want. We will also get the realtor to take a look at our plans and let us know what she thinks the house is worth currently and what it would be worth if we moved forward with the addition.  After those steps are taken, hopefully we will have some clarity on how we should proceed.  I don't want to move, but we definitely need more space one way or another.

Other than that, nothing much else to report.  I promise to be better about blogging and will do a fun picture post soon so everyone can see how big Perron has gotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment