Monday, October 25, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch and Pumpkin Carving

Perron and I took a trip to the pumpkin patch with our friends Kelly and Ethan.  Daddy was at the Alabama/Ole Miss game with Uncle Phillip so he missed out on the fun.  Kelly and I learned some valuable lessons during our pumpkin patch excursion and I will share some of them with you.

1.  The term pumpkin patch is misleading because you would assume that meant you would be going home with a pumkin.  WRONG!  We didn't even look at a single pumpkin.  The thought of wrangling pumpkins in addition to two toddlers was so overwhelming that I decided I would just cop out and pick one up at Publix.


2.  Snack time will inevitably be the boys favorite part of the trip.

3.  Getting two 15 month old boys to both smile and look at the camera at the same time is a pipe dream.  Let me just give new moms a tip...it will not happen.  No matter how much you bribe, cajole, call out, they are not looking at the same time.  And if they do look they will not be smiling.




4.  You will be as exhausted as your children leaving the pumkin patch.  To give you an idea of how exhausted that is, Perron fell asleep before we even got out of the parking lot.  Needless to say I was asleep in bed at 9 pm that night.
5.  You will be so excited and happy that you are getting to create your first pumpkin patch memory with your baby and lifelong friends that you won't care about any of the above.



To make the season complete we attended a pumpkin carving party at our neighbors house.  This is again a misnomer because not much pumpkin carving was done on my part.  Most of my time was spent chasing a little boy who want to climb up the stairs, down the stairs, up the stairs down the stairs...or in the door, out the door, in the door, out the door.   You see where I am going with this.  I eventually caved and just pushed him around the yard because at least I knew where he was.  At least daddy was free to carve the pumpkin and he did a great job!

2 comments:

  1. Going to the pumpkin patch each year is something I always look forward to each year, but as for the pumpkin carving... definitely a task fit for dads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, your boys are too cute. We went pumpkin picking one year, came home with a bag of apples and straw in our hair. great pics! found you via blogfrog!

    ReplyDelete